Jeremy Jack Poet was born and raised in Sherman, TX, Jeremy returned to practice in Grayson County after earning his undergraduate degree in Political Science from Southeastern Oklahoma State University (Summa Cum Laude) and his Juris Doctor from Oklahoma City University School of Law.
While attending OCU School of Law on the Dean's Fellowship Scholarship, Jeremy was active as a member of The Second Amendment Club and working for the Oklahoma County Public Defender's Office. From May 2008 to May 2009 he clerked for Judge Gary Lumpkin of the Oklahoma Criminal Court of Appeals.
Upon graduation, Jeremy worked at Siebman, Burg, Phillips & Smith, L.L.P, where he represented clients in both civil and criminal litigation. Jeremy Jack Poet joined Nix | Poet Attorneys at Law in August of 2012, and in April 2017 started his own firm. He is committed to defending clients in both state and federal criminal matters. He also maintains an active family law practice. Jeremy is licensed by the Supreme Court of Texas and the Federal Eastern District of Texas.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Criminal Defense
- Supreme Court of Texas, 2009
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Juris Doctorate - 2009
- Honors: Dean's Fellowship Scholarship
- Honors: Member, The Second Amendment Club
- Southeastern Oklahoma State University
- B.A. - 2006
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Eastern District of Texas Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Hon. Judge Gary Lumpkin, Oklahoma Criminal Court of Appeals, Law Clerk, May 2008 - May 2009
- Siebman, Burg, Phillips & Smith, L.L.P
- Oklahoma County Public Defender's Office
- Robert T. Jarvis Law Firm
- Nix | Poet